Tuesday, January 14, 2014

Chalkboards and Banners


Howdy peeps! If you're wondering what chalkboards and banners have to do with each other, I'll tell you. Absolutely nothing... unless you are combining two challenges. And  I’m getting a last minute dive for the deadline for both. Nice Marlene, great way to start a new year. L

Last Wednesday the challenge on Operation Write Home's Midweek Throwdown was to make a card using the chalkboard technique. Now, I love how it looks, but have never been brave enough to try it. I Googled "Chalkboard Cards" and found lots of good samples, tutorials, videos, and Pinterest Boards. This technique was lots of fun and now I’m wondering why I was so scared!


Also on last Wednesday was a Banner Challenge on the ScrapZee online group. We were, of course, supposed to use a Banner on a card. So…. by combining both challenges I came up with this card. The background is a pretty “Valentine” red, but the photo has a nasty orange hue.


Thanks for stopping by, hope you enjoyed your visit!
I appreciate and real all comments.
Supplies:
Technique Tuesday stamp set, Bright Idea
Hero Arts Stamp&Cut set, Fun Flags [one banner die and 3 banner clear stamps]
Authentique double sided paper, Smitten collection, Fusion & Written
VersaMark Watermark ink pad
Ranger  Sea Foam White embossing powder.




No comments:

Post a Comment