Sunday, August 17, 2014

Monkey Time


Howdy Peeps! I tell you, sometimes my craft space becomes a bottomless pit... or land of the lost. Yup, that's what it is.

I had made a card similar to this a while back for a fun fold challenge. The fun fold wasn't anything to write home about [my humble opinion] because it used more card stock for the fold, and you could get the same effect without the extra step. I couldn't find the video for the fun fold, but no biggie as I wasn't going to use it anyway. But... I had extra paper because I liked it so much... but then lost it. [mumble, mumble] Fast forward to now, two months later... I found the paper and made more of these cards before I lost the paper again.


The monkey/blue & white dotted paper is a double sided piece. The front paper is cut 1" narrower [that would be 3 1/4"]. The left side of the front is a 1 1/4" strip of solid blue hand cut into fringe. I used a 3" scallop circle punch for the half circle on the right so part of the monkey would be showing. I also sponged brown along the edges.


The monkey on the inside is a builder punch by McGill, and the balloons are made with a Marvy paper punch. A couple of pieces of baker's twine, and a stamped sentiment later, I have a CASE card like the original - minus the fun fold. [The builder punch for the monkey has several small pieces/parts to make the monkey, and takes a little time... but the end result was worth it. Plus... I got the punch at 75% off so it's all good!]

Well, I going to get going. Maybe I'll find some more lost treasures in my craft space. Thank you for stopping by... hope you enjoyed your visit!

No comments:

Post a Comment